My sister-in-law posted an article on our facebook site “CBD Oil Creations”, and it got a phenomenal number of views, so I asked her to jot down a quick blog on the subject so I could share it with you. Here it is:
” I am writing this, because my family has been affected by this disease for 40 plus years. Although medications from prescription drugs can have some horrible side effects, most people can still lead a full life, as in my mother’s case, she is 81 years old but I feel her quality of life was definitely negatively affected by the medications she has taken in the past 40 years. I wish she had known years ago, the possibilities that CBD could have provided her.
- Lupus strikes mostly women between the ages of 15-44 but men, children and teens can develop it too.
- Women of color are 2-3 times more likely to develop lupus than Caucasian women.
- More than 16,000 new cases are reported each year across the U.S. and it is believed that 5 million people throughout the world have some form of the disease.
- In lupus, the immune system is overactive.
- It is estimated that 1.5 million Americans have lupus.
- Emotional stress can trigger lupus such as a death in the family or a divorce.
- Physical stress can trigger lupus such as surgery, physical harm, or childbirth.
Our immune system and lupus
Because Lupus affects so many different organs in the body, there is a wide range of symptoms. These may appear at different times during the course of the disease or they may come and go. It is sometimes called “the great imitator” because its symptoms mimic other disorders such as: blood disorders, fibromyalgia, diabetes, thyroid problems, and Lyme disease.
In “Researcher Speak”, CBD’s role in easing Lupus symptoms sounds a bit like this: “By lowering the levels of the inflammation-promoting protein interleukin-2, and raising levels of the anti-inflammatory protein interleukin-10, cannabis shows that it may be beneficial for treating autoimmune disorders where inflammation is the main complication.” There are many complicated processes involved but they are too technical for this quick article. The big big bonus is that CBD has no adverse side effects.
It is plain that inflammation is the main complication for lupus sufferers. CBD is well known to be an anti-inflammatory agent and can also suppress certain parts of the immune system, taming its assault on tissues that are normal and healthy, and balancing the system back to healthy levels.
Although there is no permanent cure for lupus, natural products like CBD safely and significantly help Lupus victims cope with their symptoms.
A bit too late for mom, but it is my sincere hope that you and your loved ones will benefit. ”
Thanks for this Janice.
Hope this helps!!